Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Austin
Level I

Setting Spec Limits using Column Data

Hi,

I have a query that produces a data table with parameter test results and spec limits listed in different columns (example below). Is there a script that can set the spec limits to each parameter? Would I need to rearrange my data table for this to work?

Sample IDParameterLSLUSLResult
Sample 1Parameter 15106
Sample 2Parameter 15107
Sample 3Parameter 2143
Sample 4Parameter 2142
Sample 5Parameter 3102015
Sample 6Parameter 3102018

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting Spec Limits using Column Data

You can accomplish this in the Process Screening platform without having to rearrange your data.  Here is a blog post that talks about this.  Process specification limits that differ based on a grouping column - JMP User Community    You can find examples of scripting Use Limits Table in the Object Scripting Index.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Spec Limits are saved as column properties in a data table.  Only one set of spec limits can be saved for each column.  Therefore, you will have to separate your parameters, (i.e. Parameter 1, Parameter 2) as independent columns for each of the samples, (i.e. Parameter 1:Sample 1, Parameter 1:Sample 2)

There is a built in Spec Limit Manager that can help you populate the column properties.  It is available at:

Analyze=>Quality and Process=>Manage Spec Limits

See Tonya's comment below

Jim

You can accomplish this in the Process Screening platform without having to rearrange your data.  Here is a blog post that talks about this.  Process specification limits that differ based on a grouping column - JMP User Community    You can find examples of scripting Use Limits Table in the Object Scripting Index.

Austin
Level I

Thank you!