cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Setting Control limits manually for Level Jennings chart

Presently trying to manually set the control limits in Levey Jennings control chart since my data has a natural limit of LCL = 0. Can you please suggest how can I do it in JMP Pro 12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Setting Control limits manually for Level Jennings chart

right mouse click on the column of interest and select

Column Properties==>Control Limits

Then select Levey Jennings

and then set your LCL

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

right mouse click on the column of interest and select

Column Properties==>Control Limits

Then select Levey Jennings

and then set your LCL

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the solution

I have selected the CL, LCL and UCL columns and put in the following information as you have mentioned above

CL = 28907525.70

LCL = 0

UCL = 3648261306.71

But when I am clicking on Analyze<Quality and Process<Control Chart<Levey Jennings Control chart it is not taking my set limits. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong?

txnelson
Super User

Is it possible that you set the UCL and LCL for XBar, or C Chart, etc. rather than for the Levey Jennings?  I used the Semiconductor Capability data table from the Sample data tables, and set the Levey Jennings LCL to 0 and the UCL to 120 and then ran the Control Chart platform for Levey Jennings, and got the following results:

12734_pastedImage_0.png

Jim
emdwright
Level II

What if your limits keep changing and climbing with each point?  An example could be rheometer data; hydration vs. time.  I need to set my limits using a column of data for both upper and lower.  thanks!

You can use a phase variable and a limits data table.  Details can be found in the following blog post.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/4-ways-to-use-fixed-baseline-historical-control-limits-in/b...

emdwright
Level II

Thank you Tonya, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I am excited to circle back soon and try it!