It’s World Statistics Day! To honor the theme of the day, the JMP User Community is having conversations about the importance of trust in statistics and data. And we want to hear from you! Tell us the steps you take to ensure that your data is trustworthy.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
aallman
Level III

Set Menu Item State

I am running into a problem where I have created an outline box that includes a red triangle menu. The only two menu choices determine whether an if box is visible or not visible. EG. Menu> 1.Not Visible 2. Visible

Obviously it either starts as visible or not visible, in this case not visible. But if I specifically <<Set Menu Item State(1,1,) then it always remains selected, even if the user selects the second menu option. The If Box is working as it should, the only problem I am having is getting the check mark on the menu item to appear and disappear as it should.

This is what I currently have, and it has no menu option "checked" currently. I want it to start out with "Simple Comparison" checked and if the user selects "Range" I want the check mark to move off of "Simple" and on to "Range".

Please help! Thanks!

obson = Outline Box("SalesOrderNbr",
				H List Box(
					rangeob=If Box(0, H List Box(nebson1 = Number Edit Box(),
					cbson1 = Combo Box( {">=", "<=", "<", ">", "="}, CBson1 = cbson1 << Get Selected ))),
					Text Box( "Sales Order Number" ),
					cbson2 = Combo Box( {">=", "<=", "<", ">", "="}, CBson2 = cbson2 << Get Selected ),
					nebson2 = Number Edit Box()
				)),
				obson<<Set Menu Item State(obson,rangeob<<Get),
				obson<<Set Menu Script(
					{"Simple Comparison", obson<<Set Menu Item State( 1, 1 ) ; obson<<Set Menu Item State( 2, 0 ) ;  rangeob<< Set( 0 ),
					"Range", <<Set Menu Item State( 1, 0 ) ; <<Set Menu Item State( 2, 1 ) ; rangeob << Set(1)}
				 ),
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
jb
jb
Level IV

Re: Set Menu Item State

What are you using the variable "obson" for?  I couldn't get your code to compile.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.