Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Browse apps to extend the software in the new JMP Marketplace
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ewittry
Level I

Scripting Index

I would like to teach a class on JSL using the Scripting Index. Is there a way to filter the items list based on sorted array of topics? Or where is the Name, Description, JSLExample code located, thinking about recreating the window. Was trying to avoid recreating the wheel and copying the description and code out to separate files. Would like to re-use what is already in place.

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Scripting Index

You might be able to do quite a lot utilizing Open Help()

jthi_0-1729525871663.png

-Jarmo
jthi
Super User

When I did teach JSL scripting course (If I remember correctly it was five two hour sessions) I initially thought about creating custom teaching add-in but after developing it for some time I gave up with it. And in the I did end up utilizing:

• Powerpoint with my own content and references to JMP Help page where possible
  • Multiple teaching .jsl files for different types of demonstrations
  • Scripting Index which I usually accessed using Alt+Double click on the keyword I was explaining
    • It will then (hopefully) take you to correct place in scripting index. This way you can for example keep scripting index static in one place of your screen and then just alt+ double click as needed.
  • Additional.jsl files for attendees to learn extra if they wanted to (exercises and more difficult challenges)
-Jarmo
hogi
Level XII