Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Script to assemble a web presentation from previously made windows

pcarroll1

Occasional Contributor

Aug 11, 2016

I have an JMP application that makes various tables and graphics.  I'd like to use selected windows that output form that application to make a nice looking presentation to put on the web.  Without copying the code from that application and pasting it into a New Window script, how can I best do that.   Currently, I'm using the Append command to a journal and saving that as HTML, which works OK.  But two things I'd like to change about that.

1. I'd like to arrange the output into H and V list Boxes.  I only know how to include it as a verticle list in the journal. 

2. The resulting HTLM conatins quite a few graphs that get saved as PNG images in a gfx folder.  Paging through the presentation can be somewhat slow and managing those files is somewhat painful.

Is there a better way?

Patrick Carroll

2 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

You can create journals, and have whatever structures you want inside of them, and add output as needed.  Here is a very simple example of doing that.

names default to here(1);
dt=open("$SAMPLE_DATA\big class.jmp");

nw=new window("test",<<journal,
	hlb=H List Box()
);

dis=Distribution( invisible, Continuous Distribution( Column( :height ) ) );
hlb<<append(report(dis));

biv=Bivariate(invisible,
 Y( :height ), X( :weight ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );
 hlb<<append(report(biv));
Jim
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Great minds think alike. We heard that request from other users and added a feature like that to JMP 13.

Take a look at the new Web Report option in the View menu of JMP 13.

JMPScreenSnapz101.png

-Jeff