BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MarkDayton
Community Trekker

Scatterplot 3D with drop lines relative to zero

I have a wafer map where consecutive die can be either very positive or very negative at random. I would like to visualize this randomness be doing a 3D histogram relative to zero, so positive values (red) will go up and negaive values (blue) will go down. The closest I can get to what I want is using the Scatterplot 3D platform and turning on the drop lines, but the drop lines go all the way to the floor of the 3D box, and I need them to go to a reference line (in this case at zero). I can picture what I want in my head, but I can't figure ot how to make it work in JMP. Is there an add-in that might work for what I need, or is there another way to get this done?Wafer Map.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Scatterplot 3D with drop lines relative to zero

I tend to think more than twice before using one of those 3D representations, because there is often a better way. But, if you want to do this, 'Surface Plot' might be an alternative to 'Scatterplot 3D' (see the saved script in the attached table). Else you might have to resort to JSL.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 17.25.21.png

MarkDayton
Community Trekker

Re: Scatterplot 3D with drop lines relative to zero

Finaly seeing this. This isn't quite what is in my head, but it gives me a place to look. Thanks for the response. 

0 Kudos