Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Saving Row Statings When Joining Tables

mrossi

Community Trekker

Nov 25, 2013

Is it possible to save the row states when joining a table to another?  For example, if I have some data excluded or marked as a different color and then join that table I lose those row states and need to repeat those actions.  This is something we do frequently and it would be a big time saver if those row states would carry over.

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

As you've discovered active row states are not carried through a join operation as there's a potential conflict if matching rows in the two data tables both had row states assigned.

Instead you can store your row states in a row state column that will be available in the joined data table.

Here's a video that explains row state columns.

-Jeff

-Jeff
2 REPLIES
Solution

As you've discovered active row states are not carried through a join operation as there's a potential conflict if matching rows in the two data tables both had row states assigned.

Instead you can store your row states in a row state column that will be available in the joined data table.

Here's a video that explains row state columns.

-Jeff

-Jeff
mrossi

Community Trekker

Nov 25, 2013

Thank you, Jeff that helps alot.  I was able to view the video in the response sent to my email, however it's not showing up in the forum thread.  I can see that video being useful for other people in the future.

Thanks again,

Mike