cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
andersonmj2
Level IV

Saving Multiple Equation Coefficients?

Hi:

I am aware of saving prediction equations in the Fit Model platform, copying the parameters from the Fit Y by X platform, and displaying the equations from fitted lines on Graph Builder ... but none of those really meet my need.

What I am trying to do is to save - either to the data table or anywhere else - the fitting equations for multiple fits.  For example, I could be fitting amount of material added against titration volume for multiple instruments or operators, and would like to obtain the coefficients for those fits easily.

For one or a few items it is trivial to just grab the coefficients ... but for many elements it becomes cumbersome.  And right now we are executing a series of experiments where the number of fitted lines could vary from 10 - 30 (per experiment), and as a result it is not so easy to just copy or re-type.

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Saving Multiple Equation Coefficients?

Hello,

Based on your explanation above I think you want to use "Make a Combined Data Table" function after you do your fits.

Make the fits for multiple instruments or operators and then in the Parameter Estimates area right click and select "Make a Combined Data Table"

11836_pastedImage_0.png

This will output a new table with all of the data in the parameter estimates for all the fits.

11840_pastedImage_1.png

I only did it for 2 fit models, but it should work for as many models as you build.

HTH

Bill

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ian_jmp
Staff

I'm not sure how your data is organised, but if you are using a 'By' variable with 'Fit Model' (to get one fit for each level of that variable), you can just right click on one of the tables and select 'Make Combined Data Table'.

Hello,

Based on your explanation above I think you want to use "Make a Combined Data Table" function after you do your fits.

Make the fits for multiple instruments or operators and then in the Parameter Estimates area right click and select "Make a Combined Data Table"

11836_pastedImage_0.png

This will output a new table with all of the data in the parameter estimates for all the fits.

11840_pastedImage_1.png

I only did it for 2 fit models, but it should work for as many models as you build.

HTH

Bill

andersonmj2
Level IV

Thanks Ian and Bill ... I can't believe I blanked on that after using it so much in the past!