Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Save limits of control chart to table in JMP 12 - bug?

the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

When I create an IR control chart through Analyze > Quality and Process > Control Chart > IR, I want to save the limits to a table. So in the chart screen, I click on the top-most red triangle and Save Limits > in New Table. After I click on this, a new table does not appear but an asterisk appears next to the column on the left hand side of the data table. The limits are saved to the column, not in a new table. Is this a bug in version 12 or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

Solution

For anyone else who has experienced this problem, it turns out that this is an issue with JMP 12.1. It is not a problem with JMP 12.0 or JMP 12.2 so an upgrade should resolve the issue.

6 REPLIES
the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

I should add that I never have this problem when I use version 11.
tonya_mauldin0

Jan 21, 2015

I was uanble to replicate this problem using JMP 12.0.  Does the following code work for you?  (Note that I did try this through the interface as well with no issues.)

dt=Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
obj=dt<<Control Chart(
	Group Size( 1 ),
	KSigma( 3 ),
	Chart Col( :height, Individual Measurement, Moving Range )
);
dtLimits=obj<<in new table;

If the following code does not work for you, I suggest contacting technical support at support@jmp.com.  It could be a preference that you have set that is causing this issue.  If the code above works for you, then perhaps the issue is data/example specific.

the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

That code runs on my machine without any issue. But if I close the table of limits and try to open it again through the interface, then an asterisk is added alongside height and the new table does not pop up. If this is not an issue with you, then I guess it must be my preferences. Thank you for your help.

tonya_mauldin0

Jan 21, 2015

I was able to close the table, choose the save in New Table option through the interface and it worked as expected.  My guess is the problem is specific to your system (your preferences, mouse settings, etc.)  If you want to get to the bottom of it, technical support should be able to help you out.

the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

Yeah, that must be it. I'll get in touch with technical support. Thank you so much Tonya.

the_laura

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

Solution

For anyone else who has experienced this problem, it turns out that this is an issue with JMP 12.1. It is not a problem with JMP 12.0 or JMP 12.2 so an upgrade should resolve the issue.