cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hegedus
Level IV

Save Residuals to Summary Table Problem

Hi,

I have a table with 400k+ rows and in my analysis I have created a summary table.

I do a fit Y by X on the summary table and get what I expect.  From the pull down I select "Save Residuals" and the new column is not created on the summary data table, but on the original data table.  Is this the intended operation?  The work around is to separately save the summary data table to break the linkage.  Or is this a bug?

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Save Residuals to Summary Table Problem

The issue is that your summary data table is linked to your original data table.  What you need to do, is to unselect the Lint to Original Data Table checkbox when you create the summary data table:

11165_pastedImage_0.png

Jim
Hegedus
Level IV

Is this a change in behavior?  I have been using JMP since it came on 3 1/2" floppies and never remember having seen this.

Andy Hegedus

txnelson
Super User

I guess we would have to query the JMP Historian to find out the answer to your question.  It has been a long time behavior.

Jim
chungwei
Staff (Retired)

What version of JMP are you using ?

I tried doing something similar in version 12.2, and the columns are saved to the summary table as I expected.

This is what I did :

dt = open("$Sample_Data/Big Class.jmp");

dtsumm = dt << Summary(

Group( :age ),

Mean( :height ),

Mean( :weight ),

);

obj = dtsumm << Bivariate(

Y( :Name( "Mean(height)" ) ),

X( :Name( "Mean(weight)" ) ),

Fit Line( {Line Color( {208, 64, 86} )} )

);

obj << (Curve[1] << Save Residuals);

The residuals were saved to the summary table as I expected.