Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

SQL query will not pull data on a second run

Aleeta

New Contributor

Mar 10, 2017

I have a JSL script that will sucessfully pull data on the first run after I open JMP, but if I try to run the script again with new parameters in the SQL query for a new set of data, it will act like it is connecting and pulling data, but I get no table in JMP.  There are no errors in my log.  Sometimes if I change the name of the output table ("MyTable") and what I called the database connection ("ftdb"), it will work again, but it seems odd.  I have Delete Symbols (); at the top to clear everything?  Is there something else that I need to clear?  If I close JMP and re-open it works fine again, but that seems sub-optimal.....

ftdb = Create Database Connection ("DSN=zzzzz;UID=yyyy;PWD=xxxx"); 

dtmoves = Execute SQL (ftdb, sql, "MyTable");

Close Database Connection (ftdb);

2 REPLIES
Eric_Hill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, Aleeta,

This might be one to work through with JMP Technical Support (support@sas.com).  But two questions:

1. What version of JMP is this?

2. Who is the database vendor? (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)

Thanks,

Eric

Aleeta

New Contributor

Mar 10, 2017

1. JMP 12

2. MS SQL

I actually found that there is a setting to turn off the ODBC string as a table variable in Preferences > Tables and that seems to have helped this problem. I have a second problem now (which I think was part of why the first one seemed unstable) and that is timing on the query itself, I am having to run the script twice to get the data, it seems to time out the first time, and the second time it will retrieve the data (with or without a Wait of any length) just fine and continue. I am not sure if this is a JSL issue or a SQL issue, currently checking both.