cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
engr
Level I

Running JSL script via a .exe file

Hi all,

I've created a script and just as an enhancement I thought if there is a way I can run this script without opening JMP. I can currently do this via PERL using the following script :

#!c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

use Win32::OLE;

print "Script Initializing....","\n";

my $jmp = Win32::OLE->new('JMP.Application');

$jmp->{'Visible'}= 0;

$jmp->RunJSLFile("F:/scripts/crunchalot.jsl");

print"Done\n";

Can someone shed some light on how to make a VBscript(or any other code) that would do the same via a .EXE file. I am not very well versed with visual basic but I've been tinkering around a bit with it in the last few days so please consider me a newbie at VB.

2 REPLIES 2
mattf
Level V

Hi:

Perhaps one solution might fit your needs.

JMP scripts can be configured to "Auto-Submit", that is, execute instead of open in a script editor when double-clicked or opened from the OS.

"//!"

(double backslash, exclamation point) on the very first line of the script will cause it to run rather than open.  Then as your script above, in Perl, Python, R, VBscript, etc. one can simply open the file rather than explicitly first opening JMP via OLE.  See Chapter 3 of the JMP Scripting Guide.  See also the JMP Automation help file.  I am not sure what you might be referring to of doing the same thing via an .EXE file.  Do you want a compiled program to call/execute your JMP script?

Best regards,

-Matt

engr
Level I

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. And yes, I am looking for a compiled program/.exe file to execute my jmp script.