Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Row Legend Shows Non-Existent Negative Values

ngodfrey

Community Trekker

Nov 20, 2015

Hello,

I am working with the "Variability Chart" platform and adding a "Row Legend". I am using a "Number of Days Passed" column to indicate color. I am also selecting "Continuous".

However, I am getting a -5 Point showing up in the continuous legend even though none of the points in the column are below 0 days past.

Is there a way to eliminate the -10 from being displayed in JMP?

Community JMP Question - Graphic.PNG

I want to show a starting value of 0 not -10. It doesn't make sense to have negative days past in this example and makes it appear like the data is incorrect.

I can uncheck the 'continuous' option, but there are a large number of intervals, so I would rather not. The legend becomes quite large.

Thank you,

Nate

5 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

would it be possible for you to save the Variability Chart script to the data table, and then to attach the table to the discussion?  At least to myself, there isn't enough information/details to figure out what the issue is

Jim
ngodfrey

Community Trekker

Nov 20, 2015

Thanks for the advice, I posted a picture and an example data table showing what I am referring to. Really, I want a way to set what the starting value is for a continuous legend.
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

The issue is with JMP assigning values to the color gradient.  The scale it comes up with goes beyond the actual range of your data.  If you change the modeling type to ordinal for the Days Passed, you will get the legend you want

Jim
ngodfrey

Community Trekker

Nov 20, 2015

Community JMP Question - Graphic.PNG

Did I do something incorrectly?

I switched the modeling type to "Ordinal" (hence the green bars), but the legend still shows the -10 point.

Thank you,

Nate

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

You will need to rerun the analysis.
Jim