Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
MatthiasH
Level I

Rotated factors cannot be saved in a PCA

Dear JMP-Community,
in the context of my dissertation I would like to work out which speech sounds behave similarly with respect to their durations. For this purpose, 327 test persons read a text whose recordings were segmented into the single speech sounds and are now to be evaluated. Thus, about 600 individual sounds are to be summarized by means of a factor analysis.
Actually everything works: the analysis outputs meaningful, interpretable factors (I choose 20 factors). But unfortunately I cannot save them. If I save them, my table only shows points (with a complex formula for each column behind it). Are there too many variables? Or what could be the reason that the rotated factor values cannot be saved?
I use JMP Pro 13.

I would be really grateful for your help!
Best regards
Matthias

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Rotated factors cannot be saved in a PCA

I would suggest using the Functional Data Explorer to analyze the sound samples and then create functional principle components to be used as new predictors or responses. But FDE is only available in JMP Pro 14 and 15.

Perhaps someone else has a solution using JMP Pro 13.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

Not sure if this is what you are after. But, given you seem to be happy with your analysis, don't forget that you can always do a right click on the report window and use 'Make Into Data Table' (or 'Make Combined Data Table' if you used one or more 'By' variables when launching the platform):

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 12.39.13.png

Highlighted
MatthiasH
Level I

Thanks for the quick answers!
The thing is, I need the factor loads for each subject. The test persons are from different locations and I want to map the factor loads per place in a subsequent step, instead of mapping the durations of more than 600 single sounds. The problem is, I don't understand the problem: with other, similarly designed data sets the storage works after all. But here I only get points...
Best regards
Matthias

factors.PNG