Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
pgupta1646
Level I

Reproduce exact same DOE table created by another person

1. Is it possible to reproduce exact same DOE table created by another person with same rows & column with same max/min (+1/-1) combination for 8 Factors/Inputs and 1 Response/Output using Custom Design in JMP 14?

2. Every time I create a DOE table with exact same order/parameters/values of Factors, the run orders for the table come different with different setting of input values/combination even with Non-Random selection. What could be the reasons? Can I reproduce my own table created few minutes ago with exact same run orders having same input +1/-1 combination for all 8 factors?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Pramod 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

Re: Reproduce exact same DOE table created by another person

 Try setting the random seed in Custom Design:

Custom DoE Random Seed.png

Custom Design uses a random search to create designs. See JMP help documentation here.

I hope this helps.

Phil

Highlighted
pgupta1646
Level I

Hi Phil
Thanks for your response. I tried Custom Design>Set Random Seed. But I am not able to get the exact same matrix when I repeat to make DOE table again, even with 'Keep the Same' selection under Run Order drop down options.
With regards,
Pramod
Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

Hmmm....?

I find that surprising. This might sound stupid but did you set the same random seed?

Can you attach an example of the kind of design you are creating please?

Phil
Highlighted
pgupta1646
Level I

Thanks for you quick response Phil. How do I attach any example or document?
Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

Click "Reply" (not "Quick Reply") and there is a drag and drop zone beneath the "Body" box to drag and drop files to attach.

Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

Also, please let me know what version of JMP you are using.
Highlighted
statman
Level VII

Perhaps I don't understand the issue...Let's say you are creating a fractional factorial on the 8 factors (2^8-4).  DOE>Custom Design.  Put 8 in the Add N Factors window, Select the Add Factor drop down and select continuous.  This will add 8 (X1-X8).  Select continue. On the next window, select Make Design.  On the next window select the Run Order drop down and select any option except Randomize ( Keep the Same, for example).  The select Make Table.  This will give you a JMP Table with 8 columns of X's (X1-X8) and 1 Y column and 16 rows.  If you repeat this, you will get the exact same matrix every time.

Highlighted
pgupta1646
Level I

Statman
You got it. That is what exactly I am doing. But, I am not able to get exact same matrix when I repeat to make DOE table again. Thanks for your help anyhow.
Regards,
Pramod
Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

For a simple 2-level screening problem like Statman’s example I would expect you to get the same design each time. When problems get more complicated you will not get the same each time.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.