Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
marc1
Level III

Repeated measurements for outcome depending on covariables

Allow me to bring a dataset to your attention, which I am struggling to analyze correctly:

Study IDAliveDay of measurementVariable 1Variable 2Variable co
A10210500yes
A12210250yes
B10151398no
B11151372no
B12151320yes
B13151268no
B14151372no
C0033269yes
C0133203no

As I do have repeated measurements for all my subjects (Study ID), all variables have been stacked for the various time points (day of measurement) . All have a nominal outcome : Alive : 1/0.

1. Variable 1 and 2 are continuous variables and may determine the outcome (alive) for my subject (Study ID)

- can you guide me which test I best used, or refer to the reference

2. Problem1: subjects die or survive at different time periods (up to the latest day of measurement) - how do I account for this ?

3. Problem2: not all subjects have repeated measurements for all days (day of measurement), some are missing (example Study ID:A) - how do I account for those ?

4. Variable Co may influence Variable 2 , which may affect outcome (Alive) - how would I account for this effect ?

Thanks a lot for your guidance ! I really appreciate your help in this analysis ! Marc

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Repeated measurements for outcome depending on covariables

This is not a conventional 'repeated measures' design. This is a 'survival' study. The outcome (response) is not alive or dead. Death is the 'event.' The response is the time to this event (day). The fact that some subjects are still alive means that the last time observed is a minimum life time. Such data is 'censored.' You could use 'right censored' data in JMP (only lower bound). The fact that you do not continuously monitor the subject but only once a day suggests that you should use 'interval censoring' to obtain more accurate estimates (lower and upper bound).

Build your table so that you have two columns for the outcome (day). The first column is the time that they were last observed alive and the second column is the time  that they were first observed dead. The fact that you observed a subject for many days is irrelevant. It is only the time to death that matters.

You set up your data table with one observation for each subject including the covariates for the last observation. It might look like this for the first few subjects. (If I understand your example.)

Capture.JPG

To analyze the data, select Analyze > Fit Model. Click the drop down menu for Personality and select Parametric Survival. Select the Early and Late data columns and click Y. NOTE: it is essential that the earliest time be entered first. Select the covariate data columns and use Add or Macros to make the linear predictor. It should look something like this:

Capture.JPG

Click Run.

I recommend that you do not use both Variable 2 and Variable co in the model together.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.