cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

JMP Users,

I have a rather simple data set: repeated measures over time of a single variable within individuals grouped according to 4 treatments (1 control + 3 different drugs); N=10 / group.

The basic Repeated Measure MANOVA shows significant Time, Treatment, and Time*Treatment effects.

As a follow on to this observation, I would like to test which of the 3 treatment is significantly different from the control group. How should I proceed?

Note: the Standard Least Square personality model fit provides a the LSMeans Differences Tukey HSD post-hoc test, but this personality would not be appropriate for repeated measures.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sseligman
Staff

Re: Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

The MANOVA personality in Fit Model does not offer post-hoc tests for repeated measures models. To produce these tests, you must use the univariate approach to repeated measures analysis as described in the following JMP Note:  Analyzing Repeated Measures in JMP® Software.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sseligman
Staff

Re: Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

The MANOVA personality in Fit Model does not offer post-hoc tests for repeated measures models. To produce these tests, you must use the univariate approach to repeated measures analysis as described in the following JMP Note:  Analyzing Repeated Measures in JMP® Software.