cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aam_jmp
Level IV

Rename Data Table Script

I know I can rename a data data table script using dt << Rename Table Script("Old","New"); But I want to rename more than one scripts and I am trying to rename all the scripts starting from the third script in the data table with the column names I acquired from a different table. Can anyone point me out to my mistake since I am getting no error in my log. Thank you. 

a1 = dt << getTableScriptNames;
show(a1);
names = dt1 << get column names(String);

for( i=3, i <= N Items( a1 ), i++,
dt << Rename Table Script(a1,Name);
show(a1);
);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Re: Rename Data Table Script

@Aam_jmp,
        A couple of things, you will need to index into the list of names , not use the list as a whole. 

for(i = 3, i <= N Items(a1), i++,
		dt << Rename Table Script(a1[i],Names[i]); 
   );

Another thing, I would keep in mind is if you are starting from i = 3, Are you sure you want to be naming starting from the 3rd column of dt1 - if yes, the above should work.  

Best
Uday

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@Aam_jmp,
        A couple of things, you will need to index into the list of names , not use the list as a whole. 

dt << Rename Table Script(a1[i],Names[i]); 
   );

Another thing, I would keep in mind is if you are starting from i = 3, Are you sure you want to be naming starting from the 3rd column of dt1 - if yes, the above should work.  

Best
Uday
Aam_jmp
Level IV

Thanks for the quick response. @uday_guntupalli I realized I missed out on indexing. I want to rename the table scripts beginning the third script, taking the first column name i.e. a[3] = Name[1]. How can I do that?

uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@Aam_jmp
     Simplest way I can think of is: 

dt << Rename Table Script(a1[i],Names[i-2]); 
   );

However, irrespective of the approach you will need to ensure that as there are sufficient items in Names for you to do this. 

Best
Uday
Aam_jmp
Level IV

Thank you very much