cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jmp_jr
Level III

Remove Reference Line

I have added a reference line to an Axis Box. Is there a way to move or remove this reference line in a script? The capability exists from the axis settings dialog, but, if it exists, the script message is not documented.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: Remove Reference Line

I can't find it documented in the version 8 docs, but I did find it in my copy of Jump Into JMP Scripting (Murphrey and Lucas) which I recommend. If you have previously added a reference line to an axis at, say, 100, then send the axis box the message: Remove Ref Line( 100 ).

From the same resource, in versions prior to version 8 the trick is to send the axis box the message to add a new solid reference line at the same location with a color slightly different from the background. If you make it exactly the same as the background JMP will change the reference line color to something visible against the background.
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Remove Reference Line

Remove Ref Line is also to be found under Help/Indexes/Display Box Scripting/AxisBox/Axis. Not easy to find and there's no indication that the ref line level need to be specified.

I only quite recently discovered these indexes. They can be very time-saving in comparison with launching the JMP Scripting Guide when I need to refresh my jsl vocabulary.

Btw, Today I ordered "Jump into JMP Scripting".