cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Reference line Label inside the graph instead of outside

Hi All,

i am trying to use Label inside the graph instead of outside where it has replaced the number.

is there any way to do that. i dont want to add a text box which moves in both x and Y with scale change.

Thanks

Ram

10617_pastedImage_0.png10618_pastedImage_1.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Reference line Label inside the graph instead of outside

You can add any graphics or textual information you want to the graphical output from any platform.  All I did to generate the example below is that I ran the Fit Y by X platform, I then fit the line, and then added the reference line.....without a label.  Finally, I went to the toolbar and selected Text box.  I positioned it on the graph where I wanted it and then typed in the text I wanted.

Once the graph was the way I wanted it, I went to the red triangle==>Script==>Write Script to Script Window.  The script below is the script it generated.

Bivariate(

Y( :weight ),

X( :height ),

Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{},

"2",

ScaleBox,

{Add Ref Line( 161.49, "Solid", "Black", "", 1 )}

),

Dispatch

{},

"Bivar Plot",

FrameBox,

Add Text Annotation(

Text( "TGT" ),

Text Box( {2, 28, 40, 51} ),

Background Color( "White" )

)

)

);

This is just one way to do it.

Jim

View solution in original post

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Ram,

Not a great solution but you could set the label to be "TGT = 161.5" and then you would have the label and a number on the outside of the graph.  I would like the option of setting the label to the "right" of side of the graphic (maybe the JMP elves can add that to their list) as I feel it often gets "lost" in the numeric scale. 

Karen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

You can add any graphics or textual information you want to the graphical output from any platform.  All I did to generate the example below is that I ran the Fit Y by X platform, I then fit the line, and then added the reference line.....without a label.  Finally, I went to the toolbar and selected Text box.  I positioned it on the graph where I wanted it and then typed in the text I wanted.

Once the graph was the way I wanted it, I went to the red triangle==>Script==>Write Script to Script Window.  The script below is the script it generated.

Bivariate(

X( :height ),

Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{},

"2",

ScaleBox,

{Add Ref Line( 161.49, "Solid", "Black", "", 1 )}

),

Dispatch

{},

"Bivar Plot",

FrameBox,

Add Text Annotation(

Text( "TGT" ),

Text Box( {2, 28, 40, 51} ),

Background Color( "White" )

)

)

);

This is just one way to do it.

Jim
txnelson
Super User

I don't know what is going on with my last reply, but the second line of the script should be:

but for some reason, it seems to be changing to:

And( :weight ),

Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Unfortunately that's a side effect of the automatic translation. So when posting (or reading) JSL deselect the check box at the top of the page. I understand we are looking for a fix.

Hi txnelson,

Thanks for reply. but this i already mentioned that this kind of test box changes position in graph with scale adjust (both X and Y).

it should only change position with only one axis change. e.g if it is a reference line for Y, then it should not change with X scale adjust.

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Ram,

Not a great solution but you could set the label to be "TGT = 161.5" and then you would have the label and a number on the outside of the graph.  I would like the option of setting the label to the "right" of side of the graphic (maybe the JMP elves can add that to their list) as I feel it often gets "lost" in the numeric scale. 

Karen