Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
raj2close
Level I

Re-Size Two Groups of data sets in Graph Builder

When I select 'size' for the highlight group of data - the program automatically re-sizes one group to small size and the data with majority points in other group are 'big' size. How do I make the points which are very small large and the points which are very large small? Please see picture

JMP Graph.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Re-Size Two Groups of data sets in Graph Builder

What you need to do, is to either create a new column to be used for the size or create a Transform variable when you specify the platform selections.  The formula to use for the new column or the transform column is

If(:Group=="ECJ_6A3T", 9, 2);

Then use the new column as the Size specification variable.  Since Group values with the value of "ECJ_6A3T" will have the new columns value of 9, and the Group values for "POR" will have the new column's value of 2, JMP will make the size of the ECJ_6A3T dots the larger of the 2.

Jim
Highlighted
raj2close
Level I

Re: Re-Size Two Groups of data sets in Graph Builder

Thank you very much Jim.......I created a column and used higher value for "ECJ_6A3T" and it worked. Conditional statement to create a new column also worked. I had to use If+else.

Whle trying all of this I figured out that if use any naming which starts with Q, R, S, T.....X,Y,Z instead of "ECJ_6A3T" -- JMP makes this group with larger marker size compared to "POR" named dataset. It seems JMP takes the alphabetical or numberical order to decide the size of the markers. It would be nice to be able to choose the market size when plotting two groups together.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.