cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Knekse
Level II

Random Normal Mixture vector input

Hi

I have been trying to write a formula for a column, using Random Normal Mixture(meanvec, sdvec, probvec). I would like to use Table variables as the input. How do I go about this? Do I define the table variables as vectors or can i make a vector of single table variables in the formula editor?

Thank you for any clues or help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Random Normal Mixture vector input

I think Jim was just using the script above as a convenient way to generate the table with the required properties and formula. But the script is not required. Please see the attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Here is an example script that uses table variables as input to a Random Normal Mixture formula:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = New Table( "Example" );

mv = [-3, 3];

sv = [1, 1];

pv = [.3, .7];

// All table variables are actually character strings

// so the matrices need to be saved as literals

dt << New Table Variable( "meanvec", Char( mv ) );

dt << New Table Variable( "sdvec", Char( sv ) );

dt << New Table Variable( "probvec", Char( pv ) );

dt << New Column( "Rand NM",

set formula( Random Normal Mixture(

Parse( dt:meanvec ),

Parse( dt:sdvec ),

Parse( dt:probvec ) ) )

);

dt << add rows( 1000 );

Jim
Knekse
Level II

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for the answer. I was actually looking for a solution for how to do it in the formula editor in a table, ie. without scripting. Do you know how that can be done?

Best regards

Jeppe

ian_jmp
Staff

I think Jim was just using the script above as a convenient way to generate the table with the required properties and formula. But the script is not required. Please see the attached.

Knekse
Level II

Thank you Ian... I was missing the Parse()​ function in there... Now I got it to work