Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Question on JSL script for Distribution Output converted to a table

JMP gives one the option of converting the output from a distribution run into a table under the options after running an analysis (graphical only and under the log file no script is shown). In order to save the process it would be nice to know a coding option in jsl script instead of graphically choosing the export option for future replication. Are there any suggestions? When looking through the jsl syntax pdf book included with JMP 8.0 I was unable to find any specific information.

Thank-you.
5 REPLIES
Hi, this isnt exact syntax, but it should point you in the right direction. Im no expert but I know a thing or two about JSL. This isnt using Distrubution, but you can just insert your distro script into the New Window function

wind = New Window( fileName,
Overlay Plot(
X( :yblah ),
Y(xblah ),
);

// wind < script = wind << Get Script();
print (script);
dt<
This saved the script into the table property but the variable script was in it and when I run it nothing happens, but its a start. Good luck!
Thank-you. We will give this a try and share with other users within or organization. We all are in a learning curve.
gh

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi
Maybe I'm misunderstandign your question, but I often use the options 'make into data table' and 'make combined data table' which saves analysis output into a data table for further analyses. This can be very handy - similar to using ODS in SAS. THe following gives an example of how to do that:
dt = open ("C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\8\Support Files English\Sample Data\Mushroom.jmp");

dr = Distribution(Nominal Distribution( Column( :Edibility ), Confidence Interval( 0.95 ) ), By( :cap shape, :cap surface )) << report;

dt2 = dr[1]["Confidence Intervals"][1] << make combined data table;

Cheers
Gunter

Message was edited by: GH

THe script didn't showe up right:
dt = Open( "C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\8\Support Files English\Sample Data\Mushroom.jmp" );
dr = Distribution( Nominal Distribution( Column( :Edibility ), Confidence Interval( 0.95 ) ), By( :cap shape, :cap surface ) ) << report;

Message was edited by: GH
gh

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

the last line of the script didn't show up right in the message - it was:
ccp

Community Trekker

Aug 3, 2011

Thank you for posting this. I was able to use this to save the equation for a log fit on an x-y plot. Here's the syntax i used:

dr = Bivariate(

Y( :rate ),

X( :step),

By( :test),

Fit Special( yTran( "Log" ), {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} )

) << report;

tempdt = dr[1]["Parameter Estimates"][1] << make combined data table ;

I am sure I will find other applications for this too.

ccp