Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
G_M
G_M
Level III

Question Re: JMP Live

Good morning,

I am excited by the prospects of using JMP Live to promote the democratization of data driven insights across my organization.

One of the questions I have is: Does JMP Live support custom reports? In other words, if I script a custom report may I publish the

report to JMP live and expect it to function similarly as it does in JMP desktop?

Thanks in advance!

MG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
cwillden
Super User

Re: Question Re: JMP Live

Any functionality created using JSL is not going to work in JMP Live the way it does on your desktop.  Those elements will probably just become static.  JMP Live is basically interactive HTML with JMP's analytics engine running on the host server to make more of the output from the analytics platforms functional on the web.  That engine does not run JSL.  What you can customize is to bring multiple report windows together into a single report.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
cwillden
Super User

Any functionality created using JSL is not going to work in JMP Live the way it does on your desktop.  Those elements will probably just become static.  JMP Live is basically interactive HTML with JMP's analytics engine running on the host server to make more of the output from the analytics platforms functional on the web.  That engine does not run JSL.  What you can customize is to bring multiple report windows together into a single report.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

Highlighted
G_M
G_M
Level III

Thanks @cwillden for response.  

Highlighted
pmroz
Super User

Any functionality created using JSL is not going to work in JMP Live.  

It would be great if you could run JSL in JMP Live.  This would make JMP competitive with products like R/Shiny.  Hint hint!!!

Highlighted
cwillden
Super User

I think just about everyone is thinking the same thing.  I would guess that is on their roadmap.

-- Cameron Willden
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.