cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rtown1
Level I

Quality Process Flowchart

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of a way to integrate Visio or Quality companion into JMP so that I can make a flowchart to maneuver through my information more efficiently?

Thank you!

Rachel Town

4 REPLIES 4
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Quality Process Flowchart

A good solution will depend on exactly what you are looking for. Also 'integration' can be a loaded term because it can have many connotations.

I have seen folks use a 'JMP Project' to organise this kind of content. The hierarchical nature of a process consisting of modules and steps map well to the tree structure a project can provide. See http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Creating_Projects.shtml to get started. Another option may be to use a Cause and Effect diagram: http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Cause-and-Effect_Diagrams.shtml. This can also work well, especially since you can embed links to perform whatever actions you require.

rtown1
Level I

Thank you I will take a look at these suggestions!

brent_ginn
Level I

Ian - what do you mean by embed links to perform actions?  Can you embed something like a script button to open a platform, such as Oneway()?  If this is what you mean, can you provide a simple example?

ian_jmp
Staff

You can create reports containing script buttons (using 'ButtonBox()'), or add these to reports that JMP has made for you. Pressing such buttons can invoke any action that JSL can perform, which includes launching a new platform of course.

In JMP, 'Analyse > Quality and Process > Diagram' gives a launch dialog which, when completed, generates a report containing a Cause and Effect diagram. Because this is a report, you can then modify it by adding the buttons you require.

To see a not very useful example, cut the code below, do 'File > New > New Script', paste into the resulting window, then do 'Edit > Run Script'. Potentially useful in 'guided root cause identification', supplementing the capability of the Cause and Effect diagram to organise and present one's thinking

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

multipleBeep = Function({n}, {Default Local}, For(i=1, i <= n, i++, Beep(); Wait(0.1)));

Diagram(

hierarchy(

Hier Box(

Text Edit Box( "Defects in circuit board" ),

Hier Box(

TextEditBox("Materials"),

Hier Box(

ButtonBox("Materials 1", multipleBeep(1)),

ButtonBox("Materials 2", multipleBeep(2))

)

),

Hier Box(

TextEditBox("Method"),

Hier Box(

ButtonBox("Method 1", multipleBeep(3)),

ButtonBox("Method 2", multipleBeep(4))

)

)

)

)

);