Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
bharathu
Level III

Process screening analysis with variable number of columns

Hello,

I am trying to use process screening platform on daily production data from different electrical test operations. My daily data set does contains a lot of columns that need to be analyzed using the process screening platform. Unfortunately, the script fails if I define all possible tests in the code for process screening. The reason behind this is due to the fact that based on production WIP, not all tests are performed in a 24hr period, which leads to change in the number of columns for my daily data pull from the database. 

Is there a way I can have a code snippet that will run the process screening platform independent of the number of columns in my dataset without having to define each column name? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Process screening analysis with variable number of columns

1. Take the time to read the Scripting Guide from the JMP Documentation Library, found under the Help pull down menu.
  2. Here is a sample script
names default to here(1);
dt=open("$SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp");

// Get all of the columns in the data table
colNamesList = dt << get column names(string, continuous);

// Run process screening
Process Screening( Y( eval(colNamesList) ), Control Chart Type( "Indiv and MR" ) );

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

1. Take the time to read the Scripting Guide from the JMP Documentation Library, found under the Help pull down menu.
  2. Here is a sample script
names default to here(1);
dt=open("$SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp");

// Get all of the columns in the data table
colNamesList = dt << get column names(string, continuous);

// Run process screening
Process Screening( Y( eval(colNamesList) ), Control Chart Type( "Indiv and MR" ) );

Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
bharathu
Level III

Thank you very much this works great. I am guilty of not using the scripting guide enough. I try to search the scripting index most times. 

Article Labels