Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Problem of facing same output after run the program

jade

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017

Hi, everyone
One problem that I have face is : In what situation will cause when i using different raw dataset , but after run the program, both of the output are same. Any solution can fix this problem?
Thanks.
Any answer is appreciate. 

5 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Are you explicitly pointing to the 2 different data tables when you run them.  Such as:

dt=Open(<first data table>);
dt2=Open(<second data table>);

dt << Bivariate(........);

dt2 << Bivariate(.......);
Jim
jade

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017

Hi, Jim

yes, is totally 2 different raw dataset.

My condition is like this, when first time you choose the first dataset, the softbin list(softbin selection) will same with the soft_bin_name of the tabulate table.

But when second time, you choose another dataset, the softbin list(softbin selection) is not same with the soft_bin_name of the tabulate table.

So, may I know what is the problem actually? Any solution can fix?

Thanks.

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

My point was not asking if you had two different data tables, I assume that.  My point was are you making sure that your code is pointing properly to the different data table.  Are you using making sure that you are specifically pointing to the data table by name or by a unique reference pointer?  Thus my sample code where "dt" and "dt2" were referenced.  

Jim
jade

Contributor

Apr 22, 2017

Hello, Jim
I understand what you writing.
But can you give me some example on how to point properly to the different data table?
Thanks.

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I already demonstrated the answer to your question in my first response to your Discussion.  But to further exempliphy the issue, here is a script to illustrate the method.

Names Default To Here( 1 );

// Open a data table and use the variable "dt" as a pointer to the table
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\big class.jmp" );

// Select all females in the data table
dt << select where( :sex == "F" );

// Create a subset of the data table and use the variable "dtSubset" as
// a pointer to the new data table
dtSubset = dt << subset( selected rows( 1 ), selected columns( 0 ) );

// Run a bivariate platform on the original data table, explicitly pointing
// to the table by using the "dt" reference to it
dt << bivariate( x( :Height ), y( :Weight ) );

// Run a Multivariate platform on the subsetted data table, pointing the platform
// to use the subsetted table by pointing to the reference variable "dtSubset"
dtSubset << Multivariate(
	Y( :age, :height, :weight ),
	Estimation Method( "Row-wise" ),
	Matrix Format( "Square" ),
	Scatterplot Matrix( Density Ellipses( 1 ), Shaded Ellipses( 0 ), Ellipse Color( 3 ) )
);

Look at the thumbnails at the bottom of each of the data tables created, and you will see that each table only has one platform linked to each table.  Thus showing that the correct table was referenced for the proper platform.

Jim