Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Problem joining tables, one has a formula and the other does not for the same columns

bents

Community Trekker

May 28, 2013

I'm currently trying to write a script that joins two different types of tables (one has digital information, the other analog).  The first table has Date and Time as columns while the second does not.  I created Date and Time columns using a formula based off of Raw Seconds but when I try to join them I have a problem.  Either I have it copy the formula and I get an error every time it tries to apply and evaluate the formula on the rows from the first table or I don't have it copy the formula and I lose all the Date and Time values on the rows from the second table.  Is there a way I can have it keep the calculated values from the second table without copying the formula?  Once the tables are joined together, the data values will never be edited so I don't need to keep the formula around.

1 REPLY
bents

Community Trekker

May 28, 2013

Never mind, I figured out a way to get around it.  Instead of adding the time and date before joining by use of a formula, after joining, I searched for where ever the date was missing and had a function add the time and date on those rows.