Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LogitTurtle576
Level III

Problem creating Dashboard when using workflow recorder

Hi,

I am using the workflow builder to analyze text in a log file. The first recorded steps are opening the text file (csv), removing some rows based on filters, creating a table subset from the remaining rows and then launching the text analysis option on the main table (Events) and on the table subset (Subset of Events).

At this step, I recorded the creation of a dashboard containing the "Events" text explorer and the one for the subset "Subset of Events".

But when launching all the steps in the workflow builder, it stops with the table selection for the dashboard (see attachment). 

I don't understand why it's not able to select the right tables and launch the dashboard as recorded. 

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

LogitTurtle576_0-1685706181555.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem creating Dashboard when using workflow recorder

Sometimes for this behavior from the Workflow Builder, adding a step to save the file just before building the dashboard clears all this up. If you don't want to overwrite the original file, you can save a copy to the Desktop.

View solution in original post

LogitTurtle576
Level III

Thanks Jed.

I added the save steps but nothing changed. Keep asking which tables to add in the dashboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sometimes for this behavior from the Workflow Builder, adding a step to save the file just before building the dashboard clears all this up. If you don't want to overwrite the original file, you can save a copy to the Desktop.

LogitTurtle576
Level III

Thanks Jed.

I added the save steps but nothing changed. Keep asking which tables to add in the dashboard.

you may try being explicit about the table name in the Dashboard statement -- if that is possible.  The Workflow seems to be behaving in a general fashion, since there are a few tables referenced in your flow.  So it is trying to be helpful by letting you select what you want -- but if you don't want this behavior, if you can open up the Step Settings panel - then go into the JSL to add the table name, it should clear up and run. 

Mandy_Chambers_0-1685981042794.png

Hope this helps