Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Preselected Role and automatic Analysis (How to stop)

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

If I preselect a single column as "Y" and then do an analysis as Distribution, JMP will bypass the dialog box for defining roles and show the result.

If I select analysis of Fit Y by X, it will profile the column as the Y and allow me to select X.

Is there a key combination that I can force the dialog window to show for distribution for example if I want to select a weight or added a second column as Y.

As it is now I must first turn off the preselected role before I do this.  In general for my work flow I would always like to have that column as a Y, but I would like the option to add other columns as roles and analysis without switching it on and off.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Hegedus,

I can certainly see the use in what you're proposing, but unfortunately there is not a key-combination you can hold to disable the auto-run of a platform if you have preselected roles.

Wish I could have helped!

julian

4 REPLIES
Solution

Hi Hegedus,

I can certainly see the use in what you're proposing, but unfortunately there is not a key-combination you can hold to disable the auto-run of a platform if you have preselected roles.

Wish I could have helped!

julian

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Can we add that to the feature request bucket?

Andy

julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

I'd be happy to!

julian

mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Not sure if you will find this less painful than changing the role back and forth, but I notice this behavior:

1. With a table having a single column with the Y role I select Distribution. As expected the analysis is run.

2. I Relaunch the analysis from the report red triangle menu.

3. I see a dialog window for the Distribution platform ready to be filled in or modified.

Michael