Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Plotting several variables in the same graph

exj

Community Trekker

Apr 18, 2012

Hello,

I have ten different variables for getting information about people who are involved in situation x. Those variables collect information about how the people are located. Variables are measured by scale 1 to 5.

How can I plot all ten variables (for example summarized) into the same graph? Is this possible?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
senatorx

Community Trekker

Jun 12, 2012

Solution

I think you need to do some smart re-organization of your data table layout.

It sounds like you have a data table with column names like this:

Name, Var1, Var2, Var3, Var4, Var5, Var6...

You should Stack all that data into a single Var column, and then have another column for Var Type:

Name, Var, VarType

Once your data table is in this format, you can create graphs with the Legend set as Var Type to separate the types of data visually.

Is this what you are looking for?  Also, ask again if you need help figuring out how to stack the data.

2 REPLIES
senatorx

Community Trekker

Jun 12, 2012

Solution

I think you need to do some smart re-organization of your data table layout.

It sounds like you have a data table with column names like this:

Name, Var1, Var2, Var3, Var4, Var5, Var6...

You should Stack all that data into a single Var column, and then have another column for Var Type:

Name, Var, VarType

Once your data table is in this format, you can create graphs with the Legend set as Var Type to separate the types of data visually.

Is this what you are looking for?  Also, ask again if you need help figuring out how to stack the data.

exj

Community Trekker

Apr 18, 2012

Thank you SenatorX. It was just that what I was looking for. Holidays just kept me out of this subject until now.