Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Please help - My JMP script gives me less data rows than I directly run the query in PL/SQL

zhipeng_wang1

Community Trekker

Feb 11, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am new on JMP and today I encountered a issue: 

I am working with a Oracle database, and I am using PL/SQL client to run my queries.  Within PL/SQL, my query can return 1435 rows, while the exact query in a JMP script can only give me 1000 rows.  I am guessing that this is related to the JMP block sampling size, but I am not sure, and I don't know where to change this size.  

Can someone please help?

Many thanks!

Zhipeng

3 REPLIES
uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

@zhipeng_wang1 : 
          If you are executing the exact same query in JMP , I can't think of a reason why JMP would return less rows than your SQL environment. Can you do this - please provide a screenshot of your query that you are running in both environments and the script that you are using in JMP ?

Best
Uday
zhipeng_wang1

Community Trekker

Feb 11, 2016

Hi Uday,

Thanks for reply!  Sorry I cannot post screenshots here due to our IT policy constraints.

I tried several times today and the results are similar: PL/SQL client always give me more rows of data.  However, I noticed that JMP script always gives rows in increment of 1000, such as 1000, 3000, 6000, etc., while the PL/SQL client always give rows a little bit more, such as 1435, 3428, 6274, in the previous trials. 

I don't know why is this but seems JMP is always fetching data in a block of 500 or 1000 rows.  Could this be the reason for my issue?  

Many thanks!

Zhipeng

uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

@Zhipeng :
While the # of rows fetched at one ping could be dependent on the settings in JMP - there is no reason I can think of why it is stopping before fetching all the data mandated by the query .

Uday
Best
Uday