Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Performance issues JMP11.2.0

petemarshall100

Community Trekker

Oct 30, 2014

Hi has anyone noticed performance issues running JMP11 in windows 8?

I've moved to a new more powerful PC and the entire application seems "laggy".  I can even type ahead of myself in a JMP scripting window.  This is bizarre as my old PC ran the same version of JMP without any delay whatsoever.

No other application on my PC experiences anything like this.

The only key differences between the new and old is Windows 8 versus Windows 7, plus my new laptop has a 4k screen.  Both laptops are I7 toshibas with 16gb ram.

Its driving me mad so if anyone else has this issue please let me know

Thanks

Pete

3 REPLIES
petemarshall100

Community Trekker

Oct 30, 2014

After checking other post I can confirm I do not use a docking station and modifying the preferences for script editing for "color unknown object images"  is not selected.  I have an old i5 work laptop running the same version of JMP and its beating my new laptop hands down on everything I do.  That can't be right.

Duane_Hayes

Staff

Mar 5, 2012

Hi Pete,

JMP has a built-in installation checking tool that will tell us more details about your operating environment.  Please do the following:

1. Click on the Help menu and select About JMP. 
  2. In the About JMP window, click the Install Checker button.
  3. After the program is finished and presents a report, choose "Open in Browser."
  4. Choose File -> Save As.
  5. Save it to your desktop as a HTML file.
  6. Email the report and your description of the problem to JMP Technical Support:  support@jmp.com

We will review the information and investigate the odd behavior.

Thank you,

JMP Tech Support

Duane Hayes
petemarshall100

Community Trekker

Oct 30, 2014

File config sent as requested