cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
dfalessi1
Level I

Partial correlation with respect to a single variable

Suppose I have 5 variables, a1 to a5.

I want to compute the correlations between a1  and a2, a3, and a4 having as partial correlation the variable a5.

JMP says "Partialed with respect to all variables" whereas I want "Partialed with respect to a5". Any ideas?

Thanks,

Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Partial correlation with respect to a single variable

Hello @dfalessi1,

You can accomplish this using Analyze > Fit Model. Place a1, a2, a3, and a4 in as Y, and a5 in the Model Effects section. Then, change your model personality to MANOVA and click Run. Expand the "Partial Correlation" outline box and you'll find partial covariances and partial correlations among your a1-a4 variables, partialled with respect to a5. 

@julian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Partial correlation with respect to a single variable

Hello @dfalessi1,

You can accomplish this using Analyze > Fit Model. Place a1, a2, a3, and a4 in as Y, and a5 in the Model Effects section. Then, change your model personality to MANOVA and click Run. Expand the "Partial Correlation" outline box and you'll find partial covariances and partial correlations among your a1-a4 variables, partialled with respect to a5. 

@julian