cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
manphoolfageria
Level III

Paired t test

Paired t test.pngHi I want to compare between two treatments: 1) No fertilizer and 2) Fertilizer. I wanted to know whether there is an increase in yield due to the fertilizer application. Two parallel blocks were selected, in the first block no fertilizer was applied whereas in the second block the fertilizer was applied. Fifteen samples were harvested from each block. I would like to use the paired t test and there are different methods in JMP. I thought to use the distribution and then test means. My question is that is adding the column “n” for “frequency” is correct? Please explain why or why not. If I use n as frequency in the data analysis the results changes as the degree of freedom increase from 14 to 29. Paired t test.png

12 REPLIES 12
manphoolfageria
Level III

Re: Paired t test

Thanks

No the field was not homogeneous within a pair, we assume it but it never happens. Because the field is so variable. So, in this case should we go for 2-sample t test or paired t test.

manphoolfageria
Level III

How to perform upper tailed test
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Divide the pvalue by 2
-- Cameron Willden