cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jasmax
Level I

PCA - how to find component scores (X,Y coordinates) for each point on plot?

I'm using JMP 13.0, on a Mac to run Princple Component Analysis (PCA) on environmental data.

It's working fine, however I can't seem to find any option to display the X,Y coordinates (PCA scores) for each point on the plot. My plot contains ~50 data points, from several different treatment groups. I'm hoping to calculate a mean value and standard deviation, for PC1 and PC2, for each treatment group, so I can create a new figure displaying average differences between treatment groups along the PC axes. 

I think I've tried every drop-down display option for PCA and I cannot find these values anywhere. I've seen plenty of data displayed this way, so it seems like it should be an option in JMP. I also know that R can generate this report. 

Can anyone tell me where I can find this information? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: PCA - how to find component scores (X,Y coordinates) for each point on plot?

There is an option to save the PC to your data table. Is that what you are looking for?  The help files for PCA are located at this link:

file:///Applications/JMP%20Pro%2013.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/JMPHelp/index.html#page/jmp%2FMM_Principal_Components.html%23