Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Output of 'Hover Help' from Analysis Reports

d_barnett

Community Trekker

Nov 30, 2011

As part of an output I’d like to include the ‘hover text’ pop-up that you get when you hold the mouse over a field. This would give a description of the analysis to users which would help them understand what it all means 

In the case below it is over the ANOVA Prob>F value and gives some useful data for users to read and understand the values given (P-value 4.2e -322 is small enough etc.). Having all , or selectable, of these would be ideal for a report but this might get very large in size if things like the Parameter Estimates Prob>(t) are all included.

Hover Help.png

Is there any way to include these pop-ups in an output of the table or as any other type of report?

regards

David

3 REPLIES
Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

I'm not sure if what I'm about to suggest is what you are after...but in general from an analysis report window select File -> Save As -> and select the save as type -> Interactive HTML with Data from the drop down, within the HTML object you will create there is some measure of hover help built into the object that the viewer can use within their web browser. The attractiveness of this particular workflow is the viewer just needs a web browser.

Another alternative is from the report window, select File -> Save As -> and select the save as type -> JMP Report. The viewer will need to have JMP installed on their computer to open the file.

stephen_pearson

Community Trekker

Oct 6, 2014

I think what you are looking for is called Set Tip. You first call the object you want a pop-up for a name, then set the tip. From the scripting index:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
//This message applies to many display box objects
New Window( "Example",
ex =
Button Box( "Hover Me",
Print( "Pressed." )
)
);
ex <<
Set Tip( "Print message to log" );

d_barnett

Community Trekker

Nov 30, 2011

Stephen,

it's close to what I want but the problem is that if I have the 'hover' text visible then go to press the button it disappears. I have looked through the scripting index and book without any luck.

I have also contacted JMP Support about this and  the reply was

Unfortunately there is no way to extract the text from the hover text box for the moment.

A defect has already been created for this issue, and I am going to add your comments to this feature request.

So I think it's not possible at the moment, unless anyone out there can find a work around.

Regards

David