cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Ordering points in a centered grid plot

I have a scatterplot with centered grid:

OutputMarten110_0-1677989607869.png

I'd like to order the colors within each block of points (so, in each block of dots, reading left to right and top to bottom, first come all the blues, then the reds, etc). How can I accomplish this, preferably in Graph Builder with no JSL?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
statman
Super User

Re: Ordering points in a centered grid plot

If you would attach your data table it would be quite helpful.  One thought is to add a column to the data table that designates the order you want.  Then go to Rows>Color or Mark by Column and select the newly added column.  You can customize the colors or markers.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

View solution in original post

Never mind, I was doing it wrong! I've attached the working solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
statman
Super User

If you would attach your data table it would be quite helpful.  One thought is to add a column to the data table that designates the order you want.  Then go to Rows>Color or Mark by Column and select the newly added column.  You can customize the colors or markers.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Here is a data table. It's a little different to the screenshot above, but same idea. You can run the script to generate this plot:

OutputMarten110_0-1678066145520.png

I tried Rows > Color or Mark by Column, but it just added a little colored dot to each row in the table; I couldn't figure out how to actually rearrange the points in Graph Builder (or script) such that all blue ones come first, then all green ones, etc. Any ideas?

Never mind, I was doing it wrong! I've attached the working solution