cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mtrensch
Level I

Open jmp file from Teams/Sharepoint on publicly used script

Opening a jmp file from Microsoft Teams/Sharepoint is simple enough if I'm the only one using the script. I just go into Teams and click "Add Shortcut to OneDrive" and then am able to map to the file as shown below.

dt = Open("C:\Users\{username}\OneDrive - {company}\Data\Table.jmp");

The problem I'm having is that I want this script to be usable by others in the company. I could make {username} a variable, but then it would still rely on others having the same shortcut added to their OneDrive. I've also tried copying the link to the file from Teams, but JMP isn't able to open that (e.g. https://{company}.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/{department}/Ed7cb_0X97BFtr4z-xh9mw0BBurcocxxsg91yyz9hHVUjg?e=y  ). Even if that did work, I would have to know the exact path for each file when I would very much prefer to just use folder structure naming.

Is there a way to open Teams/Sharepoint files that will consistently work with multiple people using the script?

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Open jmp file from Teams/Sharepoint on publicly used script

Maybe one of these from How to re-access a file on SharePoint? would work?

"Few older posts (open JMP's web browser, authenticate there and then open the file)

There could be also an option to authenticate using HTTP Request, but I'm not familiar how that can be done with sharepoint."

-Jarmo