Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

One minor thing about interactive html output

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

It would be great if the toolbox pop up window (as I call it but if you programmers have a special name for it I would be glad to know) comes forward and can be readible instead of being behind the anchor line.

9069_Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 13.08.23.png9070_Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 13.08.34.png

7 REPLIES
heman_robinson

Jun 24, 2015

Hi Sait,

This is fixed in 12.1.

Thanks,

Heman.

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Thank you Heman,

Did you mean 12.1.1 ? Or did you mean it for Windows? Cos these screenshots are from 12.1 Mac

Attaching another 2 shots of few minutes ago

9086_Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 09.49.31.png9087_Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 09.49.55.png

9088_Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 09.54.49.png

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Also here is another strange thing, if the cell does not contain anything, JMP skips to the next cell with value and puts it into not the relevant column name but to the skipped one. If you check the first screenshot with review number 241 here is the data row:

9090_Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 10.01.32.png

As you will notice the "REVIEWER" should be displayed as "Evrim G" but instead (because of the first 2 columns being without any data) it is displayed as "TatilSepeti" which is 2 columns ahead, the column "SOURCE".  Same for "TRAVELED AS" is "Turkey" but it should be "Friends"..

I figured out by putting a dot in empty cells solves the problem but I guess by nature a blank cell should be diplayed as blank or "missing" when exported to html5... The same goes for JMP also so the strange thing starts with JMP not after converting...

Many thanks for making such improvements that I can share html5 reports with the organisation so sheets,papers are a history .

heman_robinson

Jun 24, 2015

Sait,

We fixed an example of first problem in JMP 12.1, and our fix did not depend on Windows vs. Mac.  However,

you may have found a different case, because your application requires so much text (a bit of a stress test for us :-).

I will investigate.

This second problem is definitely a bug.  Glad you found a workaround for now.  Hopefully we can fix both of these in JMP 13.

On the terminology, historically these popups have been called "tooltips".  I believe that term originated with Microsoft,

but it is not accurate anymore, because the objects being explained are usually not tools.  We also use the term "hover help",

but that is not always accurate either, because on mobile devices, you can't hover.  Probably this term is evolving and

will be replaced by something better.

Thanks,

Heman.

nascif_jmp

Staff

Jul 30, 2015

Hi Sait,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I am happy to say that the cell shift problem has being identified and fixed in the next major release of JMP on both the desktop and HTML5 export.

Cheers,

Nascif

msharp

Super User

Jul 28, 2015

Question, how are you able to display more data items in the tooltip then just Column Name and Row #?!

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Simple, just label those columns,..