Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

NomAxisBox - how to control its height?

djhanson

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I have a Variability chart with two x-axis items (i.e. NomAxisBox and NomAxisBox(2)).  I need to rotate the x-axis item names perpendicular/vertical in NomAxisBox(2) in order to properly display the item names vertically.  However, JMP seems to auto-truncate the perpendicular item names beyond 11 characters long (truncate meaning 3 asterisks in the middle of the name).  In my case, the names are 14 characters long.

Question: anyone know if it's possible to send a NomAxisBox a message to control its height (or size)?

What's odd, is that the NomAxisBox's height can easily be made longer/taller using a mouse and then of course the vertical names display fine.  Seems like a NomAxisBox's height should be scriptable.  I've even tried NomAxisBox(size(500,180)) as shown in JSL 9.0.3 manual page 205.  No luck.  thx... dj

1 REPLY
djhanson

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I might add: JMP 9.0.3 knows to auto scale the font inside the NomAxisBox dependent on the number of items being displayed (nice feature).  However, if you have less items, the font naturally gets larger, and as it does the NomAxisBox's height does not auto increase to display the item's full length if more than 11 characters long (and hence one gets this truncation effect).