Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

No matching columns in limits file

ajp

Community Trekker

Jan 19, 2015

I am trying to perform a capability analysis using a limits file, but I keep getting an error "No matching columns in limits file".  I have tried setting it up according to the user guide in "tall" and "wide" formats.  I get the same error either way.  I have the IR control chart set up as follows:

8001_pastedImage_0.png

And the limits file set up as follows (data intentionally removed for screen shot):

8003_pastedImage_2.png

Anyone know why this error is occurring?  I saw a similar post, but no answers...

3 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

I think that the problem is that you're charting and analyzing a column called Average but you don't have a limits for a column named Average.

For a "Tall" limits table Column 1 should have a row for each column that you want to store limits for, so you'll need a row with "Average" in the first column.

I notice that you've got EDC in the By role and that your column in the Limits table is named EDC that makes me think that you've got some confusion about the By role and the column that you're trying to analyze.

Perhaps you've got multiple measures stored in a single column in your analysis table, with a column, EDC, that specifies what the measure represents.

If so, that structure isn't appropriate for the IR platform with spec limits for Capability analysis. You will probably want to use Tables->Split to separate the measures into individual columns and chart each column. I think your limits table will work better then.

If you could post the data tables, sanitized as appropriate, that you're working with that will make it easier for us to see what you've got and what you're trying to do.

-Jeff

-Jeff
ajp

Community Trekker

Jan 19, 2015

Thanks Jeff.  I do have multiple measures, so I split the column and then renamed them in the limits table for the different variables.  I had to use a "wide" table instead of "tall" so that I had matching columns for the different measures.  I am not getting the error, but it only seems to be pulling in the mean value, not the upper or lower spec limits.  Not sure why that is, perhaps it is a syntax problem with my labeling?  I am attaching some tables that represent what I am looking at.

ajp

Community Trekker

Jan 19, 2015

Also, does the Get Limits function work for performing the capability analysis, or just inputs the values for the control charts?