Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
MKaashoek
Level I

No Upper and Lower confidence limit from reduced major axis regression

Hi all,

For my data I wanted to perfom a reduced major axis regression. I've looked up the method and found the following steps in JMP: "Fit Y by X", click "Fit Ornthogonal", and then "Univariate Variances, Prin Comp"  (https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Reduced-Major-Axis-regression-in-JMP/td-p/71681#)

But for some of my data, the JMP output for the Fit does not give me a L CL and U CL and I was wondering why. Is it maybe because my sample size is to low? But in some cases with the same sample size it does give an L CL and U CL. Have any of you maybe got the same output and know why JMP does not calculate the U CL and L CL sometimes?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: No Upper and Lower confidence limit from reduced major axis regression

How low is low when your sample size is low?

JMP Systems Engineer, Pharm and BioPharm Sciences
Highlighted
MKaashoek
Level I

In some cases its 5. But for some reduced regressions I made using 5 they were able to give a lower and upper confidence limit.

Could it be that in some cases the spread is to big between the 5 that it can't calculate the lower and upper confidence limit?

Highlighted
j-perry
Level II

I have the same question. I'm not getting a confidence interval with 9 data points.

Highlighted
Byron_JMP
Staff

would you mind posting a picture of the report in JMP?  Just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

JMP Systems Engineer, Pharm and BioPharm Sciences
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.