Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
BernhardS
Level I

Newbie wants to setup 2 factor DoE with many continuous values

Dear all,

Sorry for this simple question, but I could not find any questions online. I would like to setup a DoE with two continuous factors, one of them ranging a wide range of values (between 0.001 and 1). How can I force JMP to create a series of "center" points but at different values, so that in the end there are 5 different values for this factor?

Any help (also pointing to already existing resources) is highly appreciated!

Best regards

Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

Re: Newbie wants to setup 2 factor DoE with many continuous values

Central composite designs have 5 levels.

DOE>Classical>Response Surface Design.

Define you response and factors, then from the list of designs select CCD-Uniform Precision.

You then have an option to specify axial values.  The default is 'on face' which you don't want.  Select Rotatable.

This will generate a design with factor settings outside your range.  If that's not feasible select the 'inscribe' option and it will shrink the entire design to be within your ranges.

-Dave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

Central composite designs have 5 levels.

DOE>Classical>Response Surface Design.

Define you response and factors, then from the list of designs select CCD-Uniform Precision.

You then have an option to specify axial values.  The default is 'on face' which you don't want.  Select Rotatable.

This will generate a design with factor settings outside your range.  If that's not feasible select the 'inscribe' option and it will shrink the entire design to be within your ranges.

-Dave

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This case could also use Discrete Numeric factors. This way, you determine the levels and JMP determines the minimum set of terms in the model.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels