Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Newbie: Issues Loading DLLs

Hello,
I've been experimenting with loading DLLs into a jsl in JMP 8 but JMP is reporting an error when I try to use the declarefunction call to declare the exported function form the dll.

Does anyone know, can JMP load a managed DLL or does it only support com? I am trying to load a dll I wrote in c#, is that my issue?

Thanks
2 REPLIES
mattf

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Perhaps this helps:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002975833.htm

All functions must be declared externally in your load module so that SAS can find them. For most platforms, external declaration is the default behavior for the compiler. However, many C compilers do not export function names by default. The following examples show how to declare your functions for external loading for most PC compilers:

_declspec(dllexport) int myfunc(int, double);
_declspec(dllexport) int price2(int a, double foo);

Best,
-Matt
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the reply but that kinda gets at the heart of my question. Exporting functions in C# is all handled by the .net framework, You declare a function public in the dll and the framework takes care of the linking. It appears that jmp can only link into non-managed dlls (ie ones written in c/c++) That was my hunch but since I'm new to it I was hoping someone could confirm that was the case.

Thanks,