Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

New to jmp, want to convert Excel dashboards to JMP dashboards, where to start

saspecvd

Occasional Contributor

Dec 29, 2016

OK, so I have a few excel dashboards I've built and using that receive input in both SQL and data connection import from saved csv files.  Ideally, I'd like to rebuild similar dashboard in JMP 13.

Where should I start?  for ease of use, let's just assume I will do imports of existing excel files.  I can go back and change to dynamic SQL queries later.  

*this is for semiconductor fabs*

I'd like there to be a dashboard with several tabs across the top, each running analysis on a specific excel file.  The first tab would be a main input and overview, where the user would type/enter in tool and recipe names.  The subsequent tabs would be the various fab statistics for the user inputted values, along with comparisons to the golden tool/golden fab.

I think if I just get some help getting kicked into the right direction, I can stumble through the JSL and get it running, but I'm lost about which way to start.  Please help?

3 REPLIES
Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

Hopefully my colleague Mike Anderson (Mike has built a JMP AddIn in the semiconductor data analysis space that might accomplish some of what you seek?) will see this and offer some more guidance...but off the top of my head it sounds like you want to build what we call in JMP a custom application...so JMP's application builder capability is going to be part of your path to solution.

saspecvd

Occasional Contributor

Dec 29, 2016

Hey,

Yes, I have the semiconductor toolkit, but this is a bit different.  His is more for wafer mapping and plotting.  That's great, but not what I'm looking for.  Really, this initial dashboard conversion is more of a comparison and current settings of a machine.  Like the automation settings, the ratio's, the run rate, etc.  This could apply to any factory line, comparing one tool to another and seeing how a certain part of the line is running. 

M_Anderson

Staff

Nov 21, 2014

Happy Friday, everyone!

Thanks for the props, @Peter_Bartell!

@saspecvd - I do actually have a report for this that I'm planning on putting into the Semicon Toolkit - but it will probably be the fall before I can get it pulled together and in there. It was the first report that I ever coded and it's a bit of a trainwreck... definitely not ready for prime time. I also owe the community a toolkit update and can't start revisions on the tool comparision stuff until that's out...

That said, I'd probably start with the dashboard builder... That tool can be used in conjunction with Query Builder (takes care of the SQL bit) to generate a "1-click solution" that you can use over and over again. This also gets your feet wet in Application Builder (Dashboard Builder's big brother) which can take you a lot farther.

The way that I would go about building this is to first do the analysis in JMP and use the "save script > ... to data table" option under the red triangles for the different reports and tabulate views you are generating. I'm guessing you're going to need an ANOVA (Fit Y by X) and Pivot Table (Tabulate or Categorical - under Analyze > Consumer Research) to start. Once you've got your workflow mapped out you can run all the reports that you need and then go to file > new dashboard. From here it's just a matter of doing some drag and drop to get your dashboard fleshed out. See how far that get you and then feel free to reach out if you get stuck.

best,

M