Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

New shape in graph buider

agneshb

Community Trekker

Jan 19, 2014

Hi,

I created a new shape (using the addins) and save the 2 files (a-Name and a-XY) ine the same folder as the the data file.

I sued column property and map role in the column with the map IDs.

When I try to use the map in the graph builder, I keep having a message telling me it can't find the file a-name ...

What do I do wrong?

Thanks!

Agnès

3 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I think map-definition files must be saved in the default location for maps (unless you've changed that).

On Mac: /Library/Application Support/JMP/11/Maps

Windows: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\11\Maps

agneshb

Community Trekker

Jan 19, 2014

I forgot to mention that it is what I tried first but it does not work either (I actually had to create a maps folder in that location, they weren't any).

shannon_conners

Jun 23, 2011

Hi Agnes, have you tried saving your custom maps into your user directory under C:\Users\(yourID)\AppData\Local\SAS\JMP\Maps\ or C:\Users\(yourID)\AppData\Local\SAS\JMP\Maps\11\Maps\ (on Windows)?  The location for custom map files has changed for JMP 12 as we now use the Roaming folder for Windows AppData profiles.  I recently added a custom map shape file that I have been using in JMP 12 and JMP picked it up when I placed it in my C:\Users\(myID)\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\Maps.  I believe JMP 11 still used the Local rather than the Roaming folder.  Hope that helps!