Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

New <<GetSelected behavior for ColListBox in JMP 13

ABI

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2016

I've moved to JMP13 from JMP12 and in some of my older scripts I've found that the <<GetSelected behavior has changed for ComboListBoxs, which is making code written for 12 not work in 13.

Let's say that the user has Columns "Lab" and "Date" selected in a column list box called "myColListBox" and the script runs this line:

myList= myColListBox<<GetSelected;

In JMP 12, myList box would be equal to {"Lab", "Date"} after running this line.

Now, in JMP 13, myList box would be equal to {:Lab, :Date}.

I think the adjusted functionality is definitely an improvment for many use cases, but I was hoping there was a quick fix or replacement that would replicate the previous behavior.

If there isn't a replacement method/message for <<GetSelected that performs this, then what would be the most efficient way to convert a list of Column references to a list of column names?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wendy_Murphrey

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

Hello, 

This was a recently discovered issue in JMP 13.0.  We do expect the default behavior to be restored to return a list of column names in double-quotes in the first maintenance release of JMP 13.  JMP Note 59737 will be published in the Knowledge Base to document this issue.  

We apologize for the inconvenience this change in behavior has caused. 

Wendy

Wendy
1 REPLY
Wendy_Murphrey

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

Hello, 

This was a recently discovered issue in JMP 13.0.  We do expect the default behavior to be restored to return a list of column names in double-quotes in the first maintenance release of JMP 13.  JMP Note 59737 will be published in the Knowledge Base to document this issue.  

We apologize for the inconvenience this change in behavior has caused. 

Wendy

Wendy