cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

New Data View for JSL

I've recently discovered the awesomeness of Window>New Data View.  This allows you to have two screens of a datatable.  One datatable, but two instances making it easier to edit in large tables.  This would be a great feature if I could also do this with my JSL scripts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: New Data View for JSL

JMP 12: right click in the edit window->split horizontal or vertical

10954_pastedImage_1.png

Craige

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mikedriscoll
Level VI

I agree, but I would be equally happy with a split window feature in the script editor.  Line bookmarks would be great too (ctrl-F2 to toggle and F2 / shift-F2 to move to next / previous). I thought these were going to be implemented for JMP12 but so far haven't seen them. I mostly use JMP11 so I may have missed it.

Craige_Hales
Super User

JMP 12: right click in the edit window->split horizontal or vertical

10954_pastedImage_1.png

Craige
mikedriscoll
Level VI

My mistake... I forgot split was accessible from the right click menu, in JMP 11 as well (which is what I mostly use) but I don't remember about earlier versions.

Bookmarks would be awesome though.

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

This just opened up a whole new world for me! Thanks!

Although it would still be handy to be able to move the split screen to a second window.

You can.

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Cities.jmp" );

wait(0);

dt << New Data View();

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks for the reply, I see how my OP was a little misleading and this too could be a correct answer.  Craig's answer was more of what I was going for.  Although, I'd still prefer a second window versus a split screen.