cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

New Data View for JSL

I've recently discovered the awesomeness of Window>New Data View.  This allows you to have two screens of a datatable.  One datatable, but two instances making it easier to edit in large tables.  This would be a great feature if I could also do this with my JSL scripts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: New Data View for JSL

JMP 12: right click in the edit window->split horizontal or vertical

10954_pastedImage_1.png

Craige

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mikedriscoll
Level VI

I agree, but I would be equally happy with a split window feature in the script editor.  Line bookmarks would be great too (ctrl-F2 to toggle and F2 / shift-F2 to move to next / previous). I thought these were going to be implemented for JMP12 but so far haven't seen them. I mostly use JMP11 so I may have missed it.

Craige_Hales
Super User

JMP 12: right click in the edit window->split horizontal or vertical

10954_pastedImage_1.png

Craige
mikedriscoll
Level VI

My mistake... I forgot split was accessible from the right click menu, in JMP 11 as well (which is what I mostly use) but I don't remember about earlier versions.

Bookmarks would be awesome though.

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

This just opened up a whole new world for me! Thanks!

Although it would still be handy to be able to move the split screen to a second window.

You can.

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Cities.jmp" );

wait(0);

dt << New Data View();

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks for the reply, I see how my OP was a little misleading and this too could be a correct answer.  Craig's answer was more of what I was going for.  Although, I'd still prefer a second window versus a split screen.